Capital City: Kiev
Currency and exchange rate: Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH); 1 EUR = 25.19 UAH; 1 USD = 22.79 UAH (FX in October 2015)
Country code and internet domain: +380 / .ua
Electricity: 220V, 50 Hz
Time: UTC + 2
Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Uzbekistan can enter in Ukraine without a visa, indefinitely.
EU citizens do not need visas to enter Ukraine for a short stay with a maximum duration of 90 days within 6 months from the date of first entry. They have to use a valid passport.
Road traffic conditions
International Accident Assurance – For people using personal vehicle is required the green card, and if the owner is not present, the one who drives the car in Ukraine must have a special power of attorney, certified by a notary. Attention! On the territory of Ukraine shall constitute a contravention punishable with a fine (source MAE):
• Being involved in road accidents resulting with casualties (with injuries of medium severity) – from 3400 to 8500 UAH
• Leaving the scene of an accident – 255-306 UAH or 30-40 hours of community service or an administrative detention for a period between 10-15 days
• Driving under the influence of alcohol and hallucinogens substances and refusal of alcohol testers a 2550 – 3400 UAH or license suspension for a period between 1-2 years or performance of 40-50 hours of community service or an administrative detention for a period of 7-10 days
• Violation of traffic rules on public roads, norms and standards for the manufacture, repair and re-equipment of vehicles involved in accidents with casualties and serious consequences – between 3400 – 8500 UAH
• Not wearing seat belt / helmet protection – between 51-85 UAH
• Exceeding the legally speed limit with 20 km – between 255-340 UAH
• Exceeding the legally speed limit with 50 km – 510-680 UAH
• Passage through red traffic lights, not granting junction priority, exceeding without be permitted, not signaling change of direction – 425-510 UAH
• Using a mobile phone while driving without using hands-free system – 425-510 UAH
The roads in Ukraine are generally good. The maximum speed in localities is 60 km/h and outside of localities is 80 km/h. Paid parking places have prices that range between 2-10 UAH/h. At night it indicated to use parking spaces with security guard.